Sarah Schacht, Executive Director of Knowledge As Power, joined Nate DiNiro of Open Affairs Television to talk about the mission of the organization and other details about her career path and the ongoing open government movement. KAP helps citizens become informed and effective in the legislative process with online tools that help citizens track legislation and at the same time helps governments open up their process and data to engage citizens.
Sara shares some details about her experiences, which led to her position as a resource for governments seeking to create more transparency, as well as some practical advice about sustaining the hard won ground which the open government movement has gained. Sarah also shares details of a crowd funded usability study led by KAP which helped the City of Seattle staff justify a reorganization of the City’s website, stories of helping 10 Downing street, and how her activities as a student body representative to State government helped shape her involvement in open government.
Tags: @sarahschacht, citizen engagement, goscon, gov 2.0, gov20, govIT, Knowledge As Power, local government, open government
Leave a comment
- The e-Patient Rap: “I wanna be an e-Patient”
- Open EMR presentation and discussion at Portland Linux User Group
- Federal Health and technology leaders on open standards successes; encouraging health IT entrepreneurs at HIMSS ’11 venture fair
- Steve Holden welcomes guests during his Open Bastion launch in Portland Oregon
- Richard Boyd, Chief Architect for Lockheed Martin Virtual World Labs at HIMSS ’11